Just like Chicken Marsala only better!!!!
8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
2 tablespoon butter – melted
6 skinned and boned chicken breasts
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup butter
3/4 cup Marsala Wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat – stirring constantly for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat – set aside.
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise – Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap – flatten to 1/8 inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour – Cook chicken in batches in 1 to 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish, overlapping edges – Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and butter. Reserving pan drippings in skillet. Sprinkle mushrooms evenly over chicken.
- Add wine and broth to skillet – Bring to a boil – reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken. Combine cheeses and green onions; sprinkle over chicken.
- Bake uncovered, at 450 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes until cheese melts – Enjoy