Sunday, January 31, 2010

Chocolate Cake

Ingredients:

1 box devil’s food cake mix
1 small box Jello instant chocolate pudding mix (not the sugar or fat free kind!)
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips

All you do is dump everything except the chocolate chips into a very large bowl– A 4 qt bowl is good — then mix well with a beater. The batter will be thick!

Then take your 2 cups of chocolate chips– and stir them in. I prefer the mini ones.Now, pour your batter into your cake pan of choice.

I like to bake my cakes in two, 9-inch pie pans. But you could really use this batter to make any kind of cake- sheet cake, cupcakes, bundt cake, etc. It tells you the cooking times for specific cakes on the back of the cake mix box. I use that as a guide. Usually I need to add about 10 mins to whatever they say. I usually end up baking my two, 9-inch pie pans for 45 mins. You definitely don’t want to overbake or it won’t be moist! :) Do the toothpick check, but remember, you may get some of the chocolate from the melted chips on your toothpick so don’t let that fool you. ;)

No comments: