One large spaghetti squash [feeds two, get more if you have more people]
salt and pepper for taste
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Added seasonings you think you might like
Parmesan Cheese [fresh grated or container - just enough to top off the squash]
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees [you may want 425 if your oven runs on the cool side]
- Slice Spaghetti Squash down the middle lengthwise into 2 halves. [use a sharp knife, this is like trying to carve a pumpkin and oddly enough smells just like it - which worried me at first after my pumpkin fail]
- Scoop out strings and seeds with a spoon and throw away [don't dig too deep you need that flesh to eat it at the end].
- With squash cut side facing up - drizzle liberally with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and any other seasoning you might like [I added garlic pepper]
- Place squash CUT SIDE DOWN on metal baking sheet
- Bake for 45 mins to 1 hour in preheated oven until outer skin is soft to the squeeze [think like a potato]
- Remove from oven and let cool for a moment - you may need to hold the squash with a oven mit for the next step. Flip slightly cooled squash face up on to serving plate or tray.
- Using a fork, gently rake the inside of the spaghetti squash causing the "meat" to turn into lots of "spaghetti like" noodles for your dinner
- Once you have "shredded" the inside of each half of the squash, top with creamy pasta sauce and sprinkle with fresh grated [or container] parmesan cheese.
2-Cans of Petite diced tomatoes
1-Can of Quartered artichokes
1/2 cube of cream cheese
Salt, Pepper and Garlic Salt
Half & Half
Simmer both cans of Tomatoes for about 5 mins.
Add the artichokes.
Salt, Pepper and Garlic Sauce to taste.
Add Cream Cheese
Simmer on low until ready to serve
Add Half & Half until you get the consistency that you want and simmer until warm.
~Jessica made this for us the other night and once I tasted it I knew I had to have the recipe. Thanks Jess.