Cooking Rule... If at first you don't succeed, order pizza!
Monday, September 25, 2017
36 Hour Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups minus 2 tablespoons cake flour
1 2/3 cups bread flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
2 large eggs (room temp)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 pounds of chocolate chips
1. Stir flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into bowl and set aside
2. Using a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy -about 5 min
3.Reduce speed and add eggs and vanilla
4. Slowly add dry ingredients mixing until just combined
5. Fold in chocolate chips
6. Refrigerate dough for 24-36 hours (don't skip this step)
7. When ready to bake preheat oven to 350
8. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes
9. Cook of wire rack.
I started this blog a few years ago because I was tired of trying to organize all my recipes. I never knew what cookbook the recipe I was looking for was in and I would spend hours thumbing through books and papers trying to find the one I was looking for. I don't cook anything fancy, just simple homemade food that our family enjoys. If me or my family won't eat it then you won't find the recipe on my blog. I am not blogging for fame so the recipes may be posted randomly. I only post recipes that I have tried and we will be making again. I hope you enjoy our collection of our family's favorites recipes. ~Krista C.